Network of Networks
The Network of Networks project promotes the involvement of disabled people to have input into Government Initiatives or Policies.
1. A Government body such as the DWP has an area of work that needs to involve disabled people across the Country.
2. The Network of Networks is contacted and we are sent a questionnaire and information about the Government initiative or Policy.
3. This questionnaire and information is sent to our members, put onto our websites, in our Newsletters and advertised for all disabled people to be involved.
4. Once all the responses have been gathered they are sent back to the Government body.
The areas we have already provided consultations for include:
· Independent Living Strategy
· United Nations Convention for the Rights of Disabled People
· Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) – Changing Attitudes
LCIL is one of 13 organisations across England which is currently rolling out this project
The other organisations involved are:
· CDP Coventry and Warwickshire
· Choices and Rights Hull
· Disability Action in Islington
· Disability Cornwall
· Disability Equality NW
· East Sussex Disability Association
· Gateshead Access Group
· People First
· Sheffield CIL
If you want to get involved with the Network of Networks and get your views heard on important Government Initiatives or Polices contact Debbie Jolly at LCIL:
TEL: 0116 2225005