LCIL Membership is FREE to disabled people until 30th September 2013! Sign up now!
We invite all disabled and non-disabled people who support our aims and objectives to become Members of LCIL. We welcome the views and input of disabled and non-disabled people. Organisations and individuals are welcome to join LCIL as members.
There are a number of different levels of membership that distinguish between disabled and non-disabled people, and different types of organisations.
Becoming a member of LCIL offers a number of benefits. Members will be updated on LCIL's work via an annual report, newsletters and attendance of AGM’s. This includes details about information on forthcoming events, campaigns, relevant disability issues and anything that may be of general interest or benefit.
Our members play a key part in information exchange and we welcome any suggestions and input that they can offer. Information can be sent in a format that is suitable for your needs. Our members enable us to call upon them for their expertise or support where needed.
LCIL is often called upon by public sector bodies to comment on key developments, as members you will receive periodic invitations to be involved in discussions that meet your expressed area of interest to which LCIL has been invited to contribute.
Become an LCIL member and let us hear your voice on disability issues.
Our aims are:
1. To promote, empower and enable disabled people to represent their own needs and aspirations by the removal of barriers to integration.
2. To provide means by which disabled people may take control of their own lives, achieve full participation in all spheres of society and effect change in how they are viewed and treated.
3. To assist and support disabled people to live independently in the community, by means of exercising choice and exerting control over their own life and lifestyle.
4. To provide encouragement, assistance, advice, support and facilities to individuals and groups wishing to live independently.
5. To establish, and help others to establish, the means by which disabled people can themselves achieve inclusion, integration, access and equality of opportunity, in all areas of society.
6. To raise the expectations of disabled people, individually and collectively, and to ensure that their voice can be heard.
Conditions of membership:
To join LCIL you must be aged 16 or over. You must agree with the ethos and philosophy of our organisation and the ‘objects’ of the Association as set out in the Memorandum of Association.
Members are required to pay a yearly membership fee and these are detailed below.
Full Membership - To be a full member you must be a disabled person by self-classification, whatever your impairment (sensory, mobility, learning or hidden) or a group of more than 50% disabled people. You will need to nominate one disabled person to represent your group and they will be entitled to vote at the AGM.
Fee: Limited time only, for Disabled People Membership is FREE.
£2.00 – disabled person Unwaged
£10.00 – disabled person Waged
£25.00 – Group of disabled people where management group is made up of 51% or more of disabled people
Associate Membership - Non-disabled individuals or groups may join as associate members and can participate fully in our activities but are not entitled to vote.
£15.00 – non-disabled person
£35.00 – Voluntary Sector Group where membership of management board is less than 60%
£40.00 – Local Authority
£50.00 - Private sector organisation
The fee can be paid either in cash or by cheque and is renewable annually on 30th September.
Members are required by law to agree to pay up to £1 if requested and in the event of LCIL being wound up.
Join us now by calling Admin on 0116 222 5005 for an application pack or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For alternative communication, please see our main contact details.